EMPOWERING ORGANISATIONS TO RECOGNISE AND RESPOND TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE OR ABUSE
- We will support the Safe Place Campaign Pledge: never to commit, condone or stay silent about domestic violence or abuse.
- We will acknowledge that domestic violence or abuse are problems that impact on all of us as a society, and will be prepared to play our part in supporting anyone affected.
- We will provide a Safe Place for anyone affected by domestic violence or abuse to confidentially access information and make it clear that abuse of any kind will not be tolerated.
- We will ensure that we can effectively respond to disclosures of abuse and how to seek support.
- We will ensure that anyone affected by domestic violence or abuse will not be disadvantaged within the terms and conditions of their employment and will take all reasonable measures to facilitate any needs in the workplace.
- We will commit to raising awareness of support in the community and to engaging with other organisations to facilitate best practice.
- Our policy (or policy statement) will be clearly communicated to all employees and will be easily and discretely accessed within the workplace.
- We will ensure that there are sufficient employees trained within our organisation to effectively respond to employees affected by domestic violence or abuse.
- We will regularly update and evaluate our organisational policy/policy statement on domestic violence or abuse in consultation with Onus.